European Days of Jewish Culture
Save the date: Date and subject matter for European Days of Jewish Culture 2017 have been fixed!
Subject matter: Diaspora.
Date: Sunday September 3, 2017. However, in several countries events and activities are being planned before and after this date.
The Jewish diaspora (Hebrew: Tfutza, תְּפוּצָה) or Exile (Hebrew: Galut, גָּלוּת; Yiddish: Golus) refers to the dispersion of Israelites, Judahites, and later Jews out of their ancestral homeland (the Land of Israel) and their subsequent settlement in other parts of the globe.
Although the term refers to the physical dispersal of Jews throughout the world, it also carries religious, philosophical, political, and eschatological connotations, inasmuch as the Jews perceive a special relationship between the land of Israel and themselves.
EDJC 2017 will investigate these - and many, many more - questions: let's explore together this joyful Babel crossing millennia and continents!
EUROPEAN DAY OF JEWISH CULTURE: 20 YEARS PROMOTING JEWISH HERITAGE
March, 24th-26th 2017, Luxembourg
Agenda organized in the framework of the 30th anniversary of the program of the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe.
With the financial support of the Ministry of Culture of Luxembourg, and the European Institut of Cultural Itineraries.
The workshop will be a forum to exchange experiences, to discuss on good practices and problems of the organisation, to evaluate the past to improve the planning of the future.
Friday, March 24th 2017
- Public ceremony of inclusion of the Sentier Godchaux in the European Route of Jewish Heritage.
- Guided tour of the trail.
- Annual Meeting AEPJ (only members).
- Meeting task force AEPJ- NLI. (by invitation).
- Meeting with the Jewish Community and celebration of the Shabbat service Dinner at the Community venue.
Saturday, March 25th 2017
- Shabbat service /informal guided city tour on foot by choice Lunch at the Synagogue.
- Cultural program Saturday afternoon.
- Cocktail dinner with authorities.
Sunday, March 26th 2017 Coordinators meeting
- Evaluation 2016.
- Presentation of NLI Diaspora project.
- Issues about EDJC 2018-20.
- European Routes of Jewish Heritage.
- Information about European grants possibilities Meeting Closure.
- Lunch at Brasserie Neumünster.